Are you serious about moving your business to the next level or do you just feel that itis a good idea? If you are serious, actually doing it will require that you to make some changes to your usual routines. If you are ready to make the necessary changes, then read on.
Follow these steps:
- Conduct a S.W.O.T. analysis of your business. (SWOT = Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) What are its’ strengths and weaknesses? What opportunities exist for your practice that you may or may not be currently taking advantage of? Do any threats loom on the horizon? If so, what can you do now to mitigate them? The goal here is to maximize or leverage your strengths and opportunities and to minimize your weaknesses and threats.
- Take your revenue from last year and multiply it by 7.5. Then ask yourself, “What must I do to organize my business to be able to generate that much active income?
- To help you to evaluate what must be done, ask yourself, “What practices or activities do I need to stop doing, keep doing, or start doing?”
- Next, create goal statements and action plans for each item. Be as specific as possible. Include target dates and benchmarks to gauge your progress.
- Review your action plans daily or weekly and record your progress. Make whatever course corrections are necessary as often as they are needed.
- Don’t be afraid to change or modify your goals. It is OK to delete them if they are no longer appropriate or if you want to create new more meaningful ones.
- Congratulate yourself and celebrate your successes as you reach your benchmarks and goals.
- Start the process over again.
Goodluck on your journey to success.